Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dual monitor display...video card dilemma!?

I am trying to set up my HP Compaq DC5000 (Windows 7 32bit) to have multiple displays via 2 VGA ports. The first VGA is built into the computer and the second is an added video card (VGA). Both of the ports work and both of the monitors work.

-When I boot without the second card, the built in vga works fine.

-When I boot with the second card in and the monitor connected to it, the display works fine.

-When I boot with the second card in and the monitor plugged into the stock one, it doesn't detect!

-When I boot with both of the monitors plugged in, only the added VGA display detects..as if the built in port doesn't even exist.

I tried software downloads, different monitors, etc.

Does my motherboard not support dual VGA? ;(



Thanks for any help!|||You cannont run Onboard Video card and a PCI or PCI-E video card at the same time. if you want to get double displays you need a double display ready video card with 2 vga ports or 2 hdmi ports on the back. but you cannot. plug 1 vga into the video card and the other VGA into the Motherboard ( Onboard Video card) cause it will not ready any of them and it will confuse the OS on witch one to pick and it wont turn anyone of them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment