Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why is it so difficult to get a video card to display video files on the TV and Monitor at the same time?

I have had a few video cards since my old GEFORCE MX420 and not one of them can pull it off. I always used to watch a video with either VLC/WMP/Winamp/InterVideo and be able to minimize the video on my monitor and have it clone to my television allowing me to keep working on my monitor and still allow the video to play on my TV in full screen. It would also show both full screen at the same time as well as windowed on the monitor/full screen TV simultaneously. I have read that this is impossible, but, I can assure you that the little 64MB card did it every time flawlessly.



Any suggestions?

I do not want to extend my desktop, I want a perfect dual setup again!!!



Video card is an ATI Radeon 9550 256MB.|||9550 is pretty old. Maybe you should get something newer. And since you said that your MX420 could do it, why would you go to a more higher-end ATI? Perhaps you should try NVIDIA again?|||Odd, that VGA could easily be capable of doing advanced Tv-out (compare to that MX420) and should do it with an easy Tv-out cable. You must ensure that you have Hydravision (so it can detect is a DVI) and have a good cable that is connected to the Tv.

Make sure that you connected it accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment