Thursday, April 26, 2012

No display, video card fan not spinning and red light is on what do i do?

The monitor is blank when I turn on my computer, I'm pretty sure its my video card problem, my video card fan is not spinning, and there is a red light (not flashing), above it is "D1601 critical temp protect". I dont here any beeps are see other lights. It was working fine, but yesterday I decided to tidy up the cables in the case.



Everything else seems to be fine, motherboard has steady green light like always, processor fan working, case fans are working.



I recently built the computer, but I played a few games of command and conquer 3, when ever there was smoke, the ground and anything around would move, sort of like waves of water or smoke. When I went into the asus engine application to change settings and power use of the computer, the drop down menu would freeze (just the display not the program). The display problems occurred in the beginning.



I have tried switching the card to a different slot and switched power supply cables. The card is inserted properly and all cables are plugged in. Everything is compatible. Drivers are installed, most likely not the latest, but cant do anything now.



video card is Radeon HD 4830 512mb GDDR3 pci-e dual

mobo: asus p5q pro

psu: trio antec 550w

ram: ddr2 4gb 1066hmz



could I have damaged the card with static, or is it something else, what do I do?|||Make sure that you didn't disconnect any other cables when you were tidying up the wires. Sometimes all it takes is for the connector to just be part way off to get a bad connection. I would check all connections to the MB, Video card and all of your drives. Check the fan on the card and your CPU to make sure that they spin freely. If that doesn't work, then you probably have a problem with the power supply or the mother board. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment