Friday, April 20, 2012

How do I run 3 monitors on a video card with 2 dvi-i dual link ports?

My new computer has an ATI Radeon 4850HD card with 2 heads. Each head is a DVI-I Dual Link. Can each had run 2 monitors then? And by 2 monitors, I mean 2 separate displays, not duplicated. I have 3 analog VGA monitors I want to use, hopefully without adding a video card.|||No. The HD4850's GPU chip is designed to support TWO Monitors only. You will NOT be able to drive three monitors independently with an HD4850, not without an external signal multiplexer box like a Matrox TripleHead2Go, which is completely obsolete considering that a triple-monitor capable video card like the Radeon HD5850 costs about the same!



ATI started offering triple-monitor support when its HD5000-series of GPUs came out late last year. The third monitor needs to have a DisplayPort jack though (not DVI, HDMI or VGA).



In your shoes, I'd just replace that HD4850 with an HD5850, and run a triple-monitor Eyefinity array with it.|||you can get a dvi to 2 vgs splitter from radio shack ...





yes each head can run two monitors separately...

this is the one u need ... and three dvi to vga converters.



http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=470501

No comments:

Post a Comment